Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wander: Checkers

 

‎"She met an interesting creature, who compelled her to sit down, 
first and foremmost, for a game quite like checkers, 
which she found very amusing."

This is a collage/diorama I've done for the small works 
competitionat the Brunswick Street Gallery. 
This is the first in a series of 3 works.

I've always loved having a sort of 3d effect to my work, 
so that it wouldn't be just a 2d image. For this competition, 
the requirementwas that it had to be max 30 x 30 x 30 cm in 
dimensions  and it poseda serious challenge to me. 
I didn't want to do something  tiny just so I could frame it within 
the specifications, so I thought of creating the frame itself as 
part of the artwork to maximize the size.

Going to get them photographed properly when I'm done!

No comments:

Post a Comment